Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tag Time

I'm dreaming of a GREEN Christmas...sort of. I have been working on handmade gifts for sometime now. I have made it a goal to use as much of my materials on hand as possible. Fabric, papers, wooden items, glass, yarns.... I have a crafting problem. There were very few things I needed to purchase to complete my project list. So when Danita came up in the summer and did a workshop for me I picked those things up. That's where the 'sort of' came from. I knew I wanted to do tags this week as I am in the wrapping stage. It seemed a good challenge to 'use my stash' and make tags this week! I appologise if you are expecting all SU! products. I have a few patterned papers and embellishments that are other sources. It's about using what I had (and making it cute lol). The candy canes are make from a cookie cutter set my sweet husband had put in my stocking last year. Gotta love the multi-platform for the Big Shot! I used the Woodgrain Background stamp to make my striped cardstock. The lace trim edge I dragged in Whisper White craft ink and heat set. The jingle bells are cut from the same cookie cutter set in felt (LOVE doing that, yeah Big Shot again). I masked the wording stamp into that label stamp.
Danita may laugh at my use of the pom-pom trim she gave me. I like how these tags turned out. The old Cold Play set is still one of my favorites. The carrot nose is made from stickles. I plan on using a small alphabet set to stamp the recipients name on the snowman's belly in Basic Grey.
These tags are patterned paper glued to Garden Green cardstock and run through with the Top Note die. I masked the image in the label stamp as well. I am using chipboard letters to monogram these ones. I had added stickles to the 'B' to bling it up a bit. You can do the same with Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds!
Happy holiday preparing to you! I hope you will try to use what you can this Christmas to be a little greener. This generally means you get new treats if you are addicted to creating like me! Danita can help you order current comparable supplies if you want to recreate these tags and don't have the things you need in your stash. Handmade items may not be FULLY appreciated by all who recieve them but we crafters enjoy the process and can always MAKE giftcard holders for those we need to!

1 comment:

  1. Great tags Tania. I love the monogram tags with the glitter bling. Beautiful! The pop-poms made me smile, thinking outside the box again and it worked great!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete