Friday, August 27, 2010

Friends Are Flowers That Never Fade

I know that at first this project looks very plain but I was tight on time and my creative juices were quickly drying up as I worked into the wee hours. I had actually started to make this project a few years ago but never completed it. My daughter's best friend is moving away this weekend so I wanted to make something that will help them stay connected. Although her friend is only moving 2.5 hours away, it is very far for an 8 year old girl.
So...I made this stationary box that has an address book for all the friends that she will write to. Of course my dear daughter's name is on the first page. I put it in there since we do not have her address yet but maybe I should ask her mom tomorrow for it. Would it not be so exciting to receive mail at your new house the first week that you are there?
Here is the address book with the Friends Never Fade stamp set. Love this set. There is a little pocket for stamps as well. I did not put a pen in as I was out of time and energy.
Inside the pockets are 4 standard sized cards with envelopes and 4 - 3 x 3 cards that she can colour. I also included a gift card that my daughter's friend can use to buy whatever her heart desires and her mom approves of.
At this moment, I feel very sad for these two little girls since they seem to be a perfect match for each other. Her friend has so many wonderful qualities and I really hope this friendship never fades.
Happy Stamping,
~danita~

No comments:

Post a Comment