Tuesday, December 22, 2009

alternative papers...

So I may get some flack for cutting up a childrens book but here goes....
I was doing some wrapping and I purchased a never ending roll of paper Costso 2 years ago. It's like a living roll that grows several meters each month under my stairs throughout the year. I decided not to buy NEW wrapping paper until I finish this crazy roll. Hmm... wise decision? While wrapping this year I couldn't help looking arround the room for other things I could use. That's when the old Dr. Suess books called to me. I have a stack of old beat up childrens books I use to make cards with occasionally but by taking out a few pages and glueing them together to make a larger sheet, I found another life for them. Add some SU! ribbon and a home made tag and I think it has a whole new adorable life sitting under the tree!
So! Keep your eye out at thrift stores, garage sales, grandparents "hand me downs", used book shops, or your own home library for books that need a new cuter life! Happy preparations everyone, tania

2 comments:

  1. I loved how you wrapped Kevin's present...funny thing is that I thought it was dr. seuss wrapping paper! The tags you made were so cute that I hung them on our Christmas tree. They looked so good I was thinking it would be really cute to decorate an entire tree with handmade tags.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I'll be on the hunt for papers to recycle now :)
    Thanks Tania,

    ReplyDelete