Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Guy gifts...challenging?

I was pondering what to do for today's post and started snooping through this little stack of papers from an old paper swap. I wanted to do something with current product to be a bit more helpful to those who are SU! girls. THIS paper I never thought I'd do anything with. It didn't inspire me at all upon arrival in the bundle. Yet, here it turned out to be a great little idea for those of you with card sharks on your list! Throw in a small stash of loonies and twoonies and a bag of chocolate poker chips and you are golden! Maybe even a scratch &win. The pictures loaded backwards so hang in there with me. This is the poker chip tag made for the recipient's name. Just snipped some scrap red and glued it down. Trim and add the 1"circle.
I ended up coloring over the words "CRAZY EIGHTS" with my white gel pen before attaching the ribbon because you could see the words through the curry ribbon. And really, how manly is the game crazy eights?
To make the box, take 2 (6x6) squares. Trim the paper you wish to use for the bottom of the box by 1/16" on TWO SIDES ONLY. This allows the top to slide on perfectly. Score each side at 1" all the way around on both squares. Clip in 2 ends on one and 2 sides on the other to help keep the flaps on opposite walls. This also helps achieve an easy fit. Fold in tabs and glue or tape. This formula of the base 1/16" smaller than the top can be used for any size custom box you want to make as long as you score all your wall sides evenly!
I hope you are enjoying the process of creating for the holiday season. If it's stressfull, make a note in your new calendar now: Start making gifts earlier! Set a start date to brain storm your list. Set a startdate to start making gifts. I begin very early so I can take my time. And even more helpful is setting a date to be wrapped by! Mine is in November so that I can really enjoy the holiday season and all it's events. Sounds crazy but it is SO nice in December!
-tania

No comments:

Post a Comment