Friday, December 18, 2009

Rustic Cookie Bag

I am a strong advocate for the 3R's, reduce, reuse and recycle. I have been recycling now for close to 15 years. More recently, I have been working towards reducing and reusing which brings me to my next project. Last night was my 4 year old son's Christmas concert. They handed out goodies in paper lunch bags. I would usually put these bags in my recycling bins but I needed a container to put cookies in for a gift. I cut the paper bag down to 6 inches and scalloped the edges. Then I finished decorating the bag. The cookies are for my 7 year old's school bus driver. I wanted to show her my appreciation for getting my daughter to and from school every day safely. I will also be giving a similar gift to my garbage man. Garbage day is Tuesday so I will post what his gift looks like as well. I got the idea for the bag from Lolly at lollychops.com. Her post about her stinky dog is quite funny as well if you are looking for a little giggle. Happy Stamping, ~danita~

1 comment: